The question of the day asks:
What’s your favorite quote?
Yesterday I said my favorite book is Middlesex (by Jeffrey Eugenides), and my favorite quote comes from this book:
“The only way we know it’s true is that we both dreamed it. That’s what reality is. It’s a dream everyone has together.”
I don’t know what it is I love so much about this quote, but I can never get it out of my head.
Here are some runner ups that I couldn’t help but share:
- “If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason, then all possibility of life is destroyed.” -Into the Wild
- “We’re flawed, because we want so much more. We’re ruined, because we get these things, and wish for what we had.” -Don Draper, Mad Men
- ”Are you alright? Yeah you’re alright, you’re alive.”– Garden State
- “You are all geniuses, and you are all beautiful. You don’t need anyone to tell you who you are. You are what you are. Get out there and get peace, think peace, live peace, and breathe peace, and you’ll get it as soon as you like.”-John Lennon
- …And just because Boy Meets World is one of the best shows ever in existence, here is a massive quote for you…
“Mom, listen, I haven’t been together with Topanga for 22 years, but we have been together for 16. That’s a lot longer than most couples have been together. I mean, when we were born, you told me that we used to take walks in our strollers together around the block. When we were two, we were best friends. I mean, I knew everything about this girl. I knew her favorite color, her favorite food. Then we became six, Eric made fun of me because it wasn’t cool to have a best friend that was a girl or even know a girl. So for the next seven years I threw dirt at her. I like to call those “the lost years”. Then when I was thirteen, mom, she put me up against my locker and she kissed me. I mean, she gave me my first kiss. She taught me how to dance. She always was talking about these crazy things and I never understood a word she said. All I understood was that she was the girl I sat up every night thinking about, and when I’m with her, I feel happy to be alive. Like I can do anything. Even talk to you like this. So that’s, that’s what I think is love, mom. When I’m better because she’s here.”
– Cory Matthews, “Boy Meets World”
So, what’s your favorite quote(s)?