Here it is, day one! Today’s question asks what 20 of my favorite things are:
- Pistachio muffins. Pistachio ice cream. Pistachio cup cakes. Pistachios plain….but mostly pistachio muffins! I wish they were never ending. (I just found a pistachio muffin crumb in my bed…)
- The idea of high heels, but not actually wearing them. I can do wedges, because they allow more balance, but high heels? no way. An on going joke about me with my family and friends is how clumsy I am. I’m always hurting myself, and am covered in bruises. high heels + me = ER.
- Michigan in the fall. I love the colors, I love the leaves, the pumpkin patches, orchards, the food, the beverages. I wish it could be fall 365 days of the year…why does it have to be so short?
- Okay, so my favorite smell in the world is old books. For a while I had quite the collection going, every time I went thrifting I would always pick up a couple of books, the first thing I would do when deciding what to get was smell it. I don’t know what it is that I love so much about it, but I can’t get enough. My second favorite smell is scotch tape..and then pumpkin.
- Board games. Game nights are the best- I could play board games for hours. My favorite game right now is Settlers of Catan.
- Movies nights. So, I’m a homebody. Netflix is my best friend. I love staying in and watching movies. Thrillers are my favorite.
- I love to dance, particularly to 80s music. I’m an awful dancer, but it is still so fun. Bryan and I’s song is Kiss by Prince. It is the first song we ever danced to together 🙂
- A cup of tea. I love tea, pretty much any kind. I could drink it all day, everyday. Tea and mineral water are my favorite beverages. (well…and cider)
- Aubrey. She is the youngest in my family, and quite possibly the most amazing. She turns ten next week, she’s so talented in everything she does. Here she is, being amazing (i have to show her off, haha):
- The men in my life. My dad has, and always will be, my best friend. If this list was in order of favorite to least favorite, he would be number one. My grandfather (my mom’s dad) was another strong male figure in my life. He overcame so much in his lifetime, and had so much wisdom to give. I miss him ever single day. Bryan, I love him so much, and I am so excited to be sharing my life with him.
- Picnics. I love picnics!
- Camping, traveling, and seeing the outdoors. I have my step dad, Lenn, to thank for this, he has taken me to more national parks than I can even count.
- Musicals. I’m a sucker for musicals. Don’t laugh at me.
- Rachael, my oldest sister. I love you, Rachael. You’re amazing.
- Photographs. I take more photos than I could ever do anything with.
- Embroidering (duh).
- DIY projects. I’m always wanting to do something to our apartment.
- My family I may have not specifically listed, they’re some of my favorite things, too 🙂
Okay, so the main thing you may have learned about me from Day 1? I’m a really big sap…and I like pistachios.