Okay, let’s be honest. Week two of this 30 Days was a pain in the ass for me. This piece, “Soaring Heights,” was the piece I was most excited for. The embroidery went smoothly, as did putting on the sun and clouds, however when I sewed the edges on my sewing machine it looked awful. I figured my machine was set at the wrong tension, so I took the thread out to redo it. Well..I poked two holes in the fabric while removing the thread. So, I had to cut down the piece and set up new edges. The thread line looks better the second time around, but still not great. I realized it is probably because the thread I used was almost as old as me (time to get new thread 🙂 ). My plan is to go over the thread line and hand sew a back stitch with floss to cover it. Here is what it looks like at the moment (in obvious need of a good ironing), I’ll post pictures of it fully completed soon!
My project for Week 3 is going to be a Chevron purse/bag. I’ll post more about it after I start it tomorrow evening!
ps. check out the awesome little creatures my boyfriend made last night!